Recipe by V'nut-Beyond Redemption
I can't remember exactly where I got this from (the web) and have not tried it ... yet but you can see this usually being sold during cultural activities or exhibitions. They are not cheap to buy. The 30 - 45 mins time given is a guide.
Top Review by Deli Puffs
There is an easy way to do it without trouble. In Asia, we use ready made Maltose sugar candy to make Dragon Beard Candy. You can get that in any Chinese supermarket, like 99 Ranch Market. It is cheap, and can be eaten as it is.
- 75 g fine white sugar
- 75 g peanuts
- 150 g corn syrup
- glutinous rice flour (you are using it to coat the silk to prevent them from sticking to each other)
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring corn syrup to boil over mild heat for 5 mins until thick.
- Put into refrigerator for 4 hours.
- Dig a hole in the middle of corn syrup& coat with glutinous rice flour.
- Stretch along the hole, when it becomes a big ring and make it to 8 shape like 2 small rings and put 2 rings together.
- Repeat till it like silk.
- Finely ground the peanuts, mix it with sugar.
- Cut the silk sugar into 6- 8 pieces, wrap it with peanut mixture.
- Keep covered as it will clump once it is exposed to moisture.