1/1 Photo of Dragon Hair Candy or Dragon Beard Candy
4 hrs 30 mins
V'nut-Beyond Redemption's Note:
I can't remember exactly where I got this from (the web) and have not tried it ... yet but you can see this usually being sold during cultural activities or exhibitions. They are not cheap to buy. The 30 - 45 mins time given is a guide.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Bring corn syrup to boil over mild heat for 5 mins until thick.
- 2Put into refrigerator for 4 hours.
- 3Dig a hole in the middle of corn syrup& coat with glutinous rice flour.
- 4Stretch along the hole, when it becomes a big ring and make it to 8 shape like 2 small rings and put 2 rings together.
- 5Repeat till it like silk.
- 6Finely ground the peanuts, mix it with sugar.
- 7Cut the silk sugar into 6- 8 pieces, wrap it with peanut mixture.
- 8Keep covered as it will clump once it is exposed to moisture.
Browse Our Top Candy Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Dragon Hair Candy or Dragon Beard Candy
Serving Size: 1 (37 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 141.2
- Calories from Fat 54
- Total Fat 6.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.8 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 2.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 7.2 g
- Protein 3.2 g