Recipe by Member #610488
This Malaysian dish is a quick and nutritious lunch or appetizer at the start of a wonderful meal.
- 1 cup boneless chicken breast, diced in one inch cubes
- 1 cup baby shrimp (defrosted if frozen)
- 2 dragon fruit
- 1 kiwi fruit, skinned and cut into pieces
- 2 strawberries, cut into pieces
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon mint, chopped (optional)
- 5 tablespoons chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut the two dragon fruits into halves lengthwise. Scoop the flesh out to make balls. You want the balls to be the size of melon balls. Remove any remaining flesh and keep the outer skin of the dragon fruits.
- Mix all ingredients of sauce mix and set aside.
- Stir-fry chicken cubes in 2 tbsp oil until done (chicken cubes are no longer pink). Add the baby shrimp and the sauce mix and bring to just below a boil. Sauce should start to thicken. Stir in fruit and serve immediately in the skin of the dragon fruits.