Recipe by jegrn
I got this recipe out of a Better Homes and Gardens magazine many years ago. Always a hit with the kids or when we take them to Halloween gatherings or work. Cook time is drying time for the peanut butter balls/melting time for the candy coating
- 1⁄2 cup peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 cup sifted powdered sugar
- 20 M&M's plain chocolate candy
- 4 ounces vanilla candy coating
- red decorating gel
- black decorating gel
Directions See How It's Made
- In a mixing bowl stir together peanut butter and butter.
- Gradually add powdered sugar, stirring until combined.
- Shape into 1-inch balls; place on waxed paper.
- Let stand about 20 minutes until dry.
- In a small sauce pan melt candy coating over low heat.
- Dip balls, one at a time, into coating.
- Let excess coating drip off peanut butter balls.
- Place on waxed paper.
- Immediately press an M&M into center of each peanut butter ball.
- Let stand until coating is firm.
- Add a dot of black gel to the center of candy pieces for pupils.
- Drizzle red gel onto balls for bloodshot eyes.