Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 hrs
Found this recipe in the newspaper. Scary name, ain't it? Enjoy it for Halloween.
- 4 egg whites
- 225 g caster sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1 (380 g) can raspberries (in fruit juice)
- 225 g seedless raspberry jam
- Whisk the egg whites until stiff but not dry.
- Gradually whisk in the sugar and essence until the mixture stands in soft peaks.
- Spoon the meringue into a large piping bag fitted with a plain nozzle.
- Pipe bone shapes onto baking sheets lined with baking parchment.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven at 110C degrees for 1 1/2 hours till dry.
- Cool on a wire rack.
- Press raspberries and syrup through a fine sieve into a pan.
- Add jam and heat gently until it melts, stirring regularly.
- Serve sauce as a dip or pour over bones just before serving.
This makes my teeth hurt just to think of it! sounds great and I'm sure kids will love it... really too sweet for me though