Recipe by drhousespcatcher
Doesn't taste a thing like the ingredients but satifisies that craving for pizza. Do note it is best served fresh. Keeping it does not work well because it reasserts the beet flavor. It is not bad in taste but just beetish if stored for about 24 hours.
- 3 cups whole wheat flour
- 2 tablespoons yeast
- 1 cup water
- 3 medium beets
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 6 spring onions, chopped
- 4 medium carrots
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Braggs liquid aminos
- 1 green peppers, chopped or 1 green pepper, sliced
- 1 tomatoes, sliced
- Lawry's Seasoned Salt, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Have a no fat whole wheat pizza crust ready.
- Bake the beets, carrots at 400F for 60 to 75 minutes. Peel the beets then slice them and the carrots.
- In a pammed skillet saute the garlic and the onions until the onions become translucent. Add the water and the beets and carrots and if you chopped it, the green pepper. Simmer for about 5 minutes.
- Place this into the food processor. Add the liquid from the pan. Also add the vinegar and the braggs. Process until smooth.
- Add the Lawry's to taste.
- Place the beet sauce on the pizza, top with fat free mozzerella cheese and the tomato slices. IF you sliced the green pepper, also place them on the pizza.
- Bake at 500F for 10 minutes.