zoe,owen,andliams mommy's Note:
This is probably one of the best banana breads that I have made. Native to the Caribbean and Central America, bananas are one of America's favorite fruits. They are rich in potassium - one banana contains 450 mg of potassium, one-fifth of the adult daily requirement - and offer a fair share of magnesium (33 mg), too. In addition, bananas help to strengthen the stomach lining and are good for soothing indigestion. Most banana bread recipes are saturated with butter and sugar. This one uses a small amount of canola oil instead - which is much better for your heart - and honey, which of course means lots of flavor. Don't use regular whole-wheat flour. It is too heavy for this recipe. Look for whole-wheat pastry flour instead
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat the oven to 350°F Lightly oil a 9" x 5" loaf pan.
- 2Mash the bananas and mix with the honey, canola oil and vanilla extract.
- 3Stir together the whole-wheat pastry flour, baking soda and salt. Add the nuts.
- 4Blend the wet and dry mixtures together and spoon into the loaf pan.
- 5Bake for about 40 minutes, or until the center is set.
- 6Cool slightly in the pan, then remove and finish cooling on a wire rack.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Dr. Weil's Banana Bread
Serving Size: 1 (70 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 199.9
- Calories from Fat 78
- Total Fat 8.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.8 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 207.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 15.5 g
- Protein 3.4 g