1/1 Photo of Dr. Siegel's Diet Cookies
From a friend who obtained it from a famous diet Doctor. Eat 6 cookies throughout the day along with 6 oz. fish or chicken, 2 cups veggies and a salad for dinner. Use diet for one month and you can expect a 15 lb. weight loss. I tried them and they are tasty but would add maybe add 1/2 cup of Spenda and more spices next time! They DO fill you up!! Can't vouch for weight loss yet but sounds like it will work!!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 1/4 cups chex multi-bran cereal
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 3/4 cup non-fat powdered milk
- 1/4 cup unprocessed wheat bran
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 large ripe banana, mashed
- 4 tablespoons salted butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 7 large egg whites
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1Preheat oven to 375° Fahrenheit.
- 2Combine first 8 ingredients in large bowl, mix well with spoon.
- 3Blend banana, butter, sugar, eggs, egg whites, and vanilla at medium speed with an electric mixer until well incorporated.
- 4Add wet ingredients to dry, mix well and allow to stand for 5 minutes.
- 5Divide in half, then half again.
- 6Each portion makes 6 cookies. (I used an ice cream scoop to measure out the dough.).
- 7Bake for 12 minutes on cookie sheet or parchment paper.
- 8Cookies spread very little during baking. Allow to cool slightly and transfer to wire rack.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Dr. Siegel's Diet Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (39 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 93.2
- Calories from Fat 25
- Total Fat 2.8 g
- Saturated Fat 1.4 g
- Cholesterol 21.3 mg
- Sodium 155.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 7.8 g
- Protein 3.9 g