Recipe by Room A5A
Our school is involved in Read Across America program that is held annually to celebrate Dr. Seuss' birthday. Room A5A created a new muffin in honor of this event. It's a simple recipe that uses grape jam, a children's favorite.
Top Review by Trisha W
This went over very well at my house. I skipped twirling the jelly (I used red-raspberry)through the top. Everyone wished I had not been lazy as they would have enjoyed more of the jam! It made 16 muffins for me.
- 3 cups flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups ground hot air popped corn
- 6 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 4 tablespoons melted butter
- 2 cups milk
- 2 eggs, well beaten
- 1⁄2 cup grape jam
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Sift flour, measure and sift with baking powder, salt, and sugar.
- Add milk, popped corn, eggs and melted butter.
- When batter is mixed, stir in 1 teaspoon lemon juice.
- Spoon half of the batter into 12 greased muffin cups.
- Spoon jam into the center of each muffin cup.
- Spoon remaining batter over jam.
- Swirl a little jam through the top of each muffin.
- the well-oiled muffin tins should be 2/3 full.
- Bake in pre-heated oven (435 F) for 20- 25 minutes.
- Makes 12 regular size muffins.