1/1 Photo of Dr. Seuss' Purple Popcorn Muffins
Room A5A's Note:
Our school is involved in Read Across America program that is held annually to celebrate Dr. Seuss' birthday. Room A5A created a new muffin in honor of this event. It's a simple recipe that uses grape jam, a children's favorite.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Sift flour, measure and sift with baking powder, salt, and sugar.
- 2Add milk, popped corn, eggs and melted butter.
- 3When batter is mixed, stir in 1 teaspoon lemon juice.
- 4Spoon half of the batter into 12 greased muffin cups.
- 5Spoon jam into the center of each muffin cup.
- 6Spoon remaining batter over jam.
- 7Swirl a little jam through the top of each muffin.
- 8the well-oiled muffin tins should be 2/3 full.
- 9Bake in pre-heated oven (435 F) for 20- 25 minutes.
- 10Makes 12 regular size muffins.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Dr. Seuss' Purple Popcorn Muffins
Serving Size: 1 (1266 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 239.8
- Calories from Fat 62
- Total Fat 6.9 g
- Saturated Fat 3.7 g
- Cholesterol 51.1 mg
- Sodium 633.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 38.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 8.7 g
- Protein 5.8 g