Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Surf's up on the grill. Great on ham, spam, and grilled pineapple. I will also be using this on my holiday meatballs, probably also on smoked ribs or other fine flamed pieces of pork. Freeze what you don't use to enjoy later.
- 1 cup brown sugar style barbecue sauce
- 1 cup crushed pineapple in juice
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons yellow mustard
- 1 tablespoon grated ginger
- 1 tablespoon light molasses
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon mirin
- 1 teaspoon liquid smoke
- 2 teaspoons dark sesame oil or 2 teaspoons hot sesame oil
- Simmer sauce ingredients over low heat 30 minutes.
- Use sauce immediately, or allow to cool and puree for a smoother texture.