Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
from Dr.Phil's Ultimate Weight Solution Cookbook. have not tried yet, but i plan on it soon. the cooking times are an approximation.
- Pam cooking spray
- 2 cups skim milk
- 1 tablespoon whole wheat flour
- 6 ounces shredded fat free mozzarella cheese
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon grated nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 8 canned artichoke hearts, roughly chopped
- 3 cups cooked whole wheat elbow macaroni
- preaheat oven to 350.
- spray 1 1/2 quart high-sided, round baking dish with nonstick spray and set aside.
- heat the milk in a large saucepan set over medium-low heat.
- when small bubbles appear around the edge of the pan, whisk in the whole-wheat flour.
- continue cooking and whisking until thickened, about 20 seconds.
- stir in the onion powder, garlic powder, paprika, salt, nutmeg, and pepper; then stir in the artichoke hearts and macaroni.
- cook just until heated through, about 30 seconds.
- put the mixture into the prepared baking dish and press down lightly to compact.
- bake until bubbling and lightly brown for about 20 minutes.
- let stand 5 minutes before serving.