Recipe by Grimm's Restaurant Tales
The Stuff that dreams are made of...Don't let the DP turn you off, this soup is ADDICTING. Plus there's something about telling little kids it contains Dr.Pepper that makes them eat their dinner! Plus it's so easy!
- 1 -1 1⁄2 lb ground beef
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 a white onion, diced
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can corn
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can ranch style beans
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 1⁄2 ounces taco seasoning
- 1 1⁄2 ounces ranch dressing mix, like hidden valley
- cayenne pepper (to taste)
- 6 ounces Dr. Pepper cola (I think we even used beer once) or 6 ounces regular cola (I think we even used beer once)
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- grated cheddar cheese
- corn chips
- sour cream (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown meat and onions in large stock pot, drain grease.
- On low-med. heat begin adding the rest of the ingredients besides the cheese and corn chips.
- Simmer 20-30 minutes (lid on) letting the flavors blend.
- Serve with cheese, chips, or a dollop of sourcream. YUMMY!
- * This is SO awesome the next day so make sure to keep the leftovers. It thickens a little overnight which makes a fantastic impromptu dip.