Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
The Stuff that dreams are made of...Don't let the DP turn you off, this soup is ADDICTING. Plus there's something about telling little kids it contains Dr.Pepper that makes them eat their dinner! Plus it's so easy!
- 1 -1 1⁄2 lb ground beef
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 a white onion, diced
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can corn
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can ranch style beans
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 1⁄2 ounces taco seasoning
- 1 1⁄2 ounces ranch dressing mix, like hidden valley
- cayenne pepper (to taste)
- 6 ounces Dr. Pepper cola (I think we even used beer once) or 6 ounces regular cola (I think we even used beer once)
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- grated cheddar cheese
- corn chips
- sour cream (optional)
- Brown meat and onions in large stock pot, drain grease.
- On low-med. heat begin adding the rest of the ingredients besides the cheese and corn chips.
- Simmer 20-30 minutes (lid on) letting the flavors blend.
- Serve with cheese, chips, or a dollop of sourcream. YUMMY!
- * This is SO awesome the next day so make sure to keep the leftovers. It thickens a little overnight which makes a fantastic impromptu dip.
OMG! One of the best soups I have ever tasted. Made just as the recipe said. Only I used oz can of Dr Pepper. Will DEF make again! :)
this soupd is amazing..i did make some changes though..i used the black beans instead of the ranch beans..i used a can of rotel instead of the diced tomatoes and left out the cayenne pepper..i didnt have the ranch powder so i took few turns around the crock pot with ranch dressing..i also used http://www.recipezaar.com/Taco-Seasoning-Mix-2642 for my taco seasoning and it turned out amazing!! couple hours in the crock pot made for a SUPER easy dinner..cant wait to try the left overs tomorrow!!
Well done its the best soop ive tryed :D thanks