1/5 Photos of Dr. Pepper Taco Soup
Grimm's Restaurant Tales's Note:
The Stuff that dreams are made of...Don't let the DP turn you off, this soup is ADDICTING. Plus there's something about telling little kids it contains Dr.Pepper that makes them eat their dinner! Plus it's so easy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 -1 1/2 lb ground beef
- 1/4-1/2 a white onion, diced
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can corn
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can ranch style beans
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 1/2 ounces taco seasoning
- 1 1/2 ounces ranch dressing mix, like hidden valley
- cayenne pepper (to taste)
- 6 ounces Dr. Pepper cola (I think we even used beer once) or 6 ounces regular cola (I think we even used beer once)
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- grated cheddar cheese
- corn chips
- sour cream (optional)
- 1Brown meat and onions in large stock pot, drain grease.
- 2On low-med. heat begin adding the rest of the ingredients besides the cheese and corn chips.
- 3Simmer 20-30 minutes (lid on) letting the flavors blend.
- 4Serve with cheese, chips, or a dollop of sourcream. YUMMY!
- 5* This is SO awesome the next day so make sure to keep the leftovers. It thickens a little overnight which makes a fantastic impromptu dip.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Dr. Pepper Taco Soup
Serving Size: 1 (2762 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 2205.6
- Calories from Fat 726
- Total Fat 80.7 g
- Saturated Fat 28.3 g
- Cholesterol 308.4 mg
- Sodium 11086.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 261.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 53.2 g
- Sugars 110.7 g
- Protein 134.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
ranch dressing mix