- 8 -10 boneless pork spareribs
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 1 (20 ounce) can pineapple tidbits
- 1 (12 ounce) can Dr. Pepper cola
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 cup medium Pace Picante Sauce
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons fresh coarse ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Trim most of the fat from ribs.
- Arrange ribs in the bottom of a 12-inch Dutch oven.Drain pineapple, reserving juice.
- Sprinkle bell pepper, onions and pineapple evenly over ribs.
- In a large bowl stir together the remaining ingredients including the reserved pineapple juice' pour over ribs.
- Cover Dutch oven and bake for 2 hours or until ribs are tender.
- Turn and baste ribs in oven juices carefully every 1/2 hour.