Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
I haven't tried this yet, but it was in some old files and thought I would share.
- 3 cups Dr. Pepper cola
- dry pectin (a small box)
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 3 drops red food coloring (optional)
- 3 1⁄2 cups sugar
- paraffin wax
- Mix Dr. Pepper, powdered pectin and lemon juice in a large saucepan.
- Add coloring, if desired.
- Measure sugar into a bowl to add later.
- Place Dr. Pepper mixture over high heat and stir until mixture comes to a hard boil.
- At once stir in sugar.
- Bring to a full rolling boil and boil hard one minute, stirring constantly. Remove from heat, skim off foam with metal spoon and pour quickly into glasses.
- Cover at once with 1/8-inch hot paraffin.
- Allow several days to set.