Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
I grew up with Dr. Pepper and therefore will use it in just about anything I can. This makes for a pretty good chicken marinade. I've also added a can of tomatoes before, but didn't like the texture.
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon allspice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 (12 ounce) can Dr. Pepper cola
- Add onions, Worcestershire sauce, allspice, salt, and peppers.
- Bring to a boil, then simmer for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat and stir in Dr. Pepper.
- Use to marinate chicken.
- Makes about 4 cups of marinade.
these ingreidents will not yeild 4 cups if marinade. you can't Add onions, Worcestershire sauce, allspice, salt, and peppers in those amounts bring to a boil, then simmer for 5 minutes and produce 4 cups of marinade, please check your instructions as well as ingredients.