Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
Summertime smells so good when you throw this one on the grill!
- 3 lbs whole chickens, split down the back
- 1 cup Dr. Pepper cola
- 3 tablespoons garlic, minced
- 3 whole green chilies
- 1⁄2 cup onion, diced
- 1⁄4 cup fresh cilantro, minced
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, grated
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- Mix together Dr. Pepper, garlic, green chilies, onion, cilantro & salt. Put chicken in large resealable bag and then pour marinade over to coat. Refrigerate 3 hours or overnight.
- Mix together the glaze: honey, dijon mustard, ginger, orange zest and lime juice- reserve for later.
- Grill the chicken for 30 minutes then brush with glaze and grill for 15 more minutes or until the chicken reaches 170 degrees.
- Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting to serve.