Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
This recipe is so fun, and no one ever believes the sauce has Dr. Pepper in it!
Make and share this Dr. Pepper Chicken recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 cup red onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 16 ounces boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 (12 ounce) can Dr. Pepper cola
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 4 1⁄2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons cold water
- In a skillet, saute onion in oil until tender. Add chicken and brown on all sides.
- Add cola, ketchup, and seasonings. Cover and simmer for 25-30 minutes or until chicken is cooked. Remove chicken and keep warm.
- Combine cornstarch and water until smooth, add to skillet. Bring to a boil. Cook and stir until thickened. Return chicken to pan and heat an additional 2 minutes.
- This is great served over brown rice.
Delicious. Everything is better when blessed by the great Doctor.<br/><br/>Pepper be praised.