- 1⁄2 cup red onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 16 ounces boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 (12 ounce) can Dr. Pepper cola
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 4 1⁄2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons cold water
Directions See How It's Made
- In a skillet, saute onion in oil until tender. Add chicken and brown on all sides.
- Add cola, ketchup, and seasonings. Cover and simmer for 25-30 minutes or until chicken is cooked. Remove chicken and keep warm.
- Combine cornstarch and water until smooth, add to skillet. Bring to a boil. Cook and stir until thickened. Return chicken to pan and heat an additional 2 minutes.
- This is great served over brown rice.