Prep 5 mins
Cook 2 hrs
Haven't tried this but thought it was interesting. I imagine that this is a recipe for a dessert topping like ice cream or pound cake.
- 1 (17 ounce) cansweet black cherries
- 1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple in juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 (3 ounce) boxes cherry Jell-O
- 1 (12 ounce) can Dr. Pepper cola
- 1 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- Oil a 6-cup decorate mold.
- Drain liquid from cherries and pineapple, reserving liquid.
- Slice cherries in half.
- Reserve them along with the pineapple.
- Add lemon juice to liquid from the canned fruit.
- Measure liquid and add enough water to make 2 cups.
- Bring the liquid to a boil.
- Place gelatin in a medium-size bowl.
- Pour boiling liquid over it and stir until the gelatin is dissolved.
- Mix in the Dr. Pepper®.
- Refrigerate until the gelatin turns syrupy, about 45 minutes to 1 hour.