Recipe by True Texas
From my sister.
Top Review by mommyoffour
We made this for our Fathers Day dessert. DH is a huge DP fan so DS thought this was the perfect cake. It really is delicious, but like other reviewers we didn't taste the DP in it. But, no matter cuz we fell in love with this moist flavorful cake. DH thought it tasted like a butter pecan cake. So good. Thank you for sharing with us.
- 1 (18 ounce) box yellow cake mix
- 1 (3 ounce) box instant vanilla pudding
- 1 (12 ounce) canwarm Dr. Pepper cola (save about three tablespoons for the icing)
- 4 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup oil or 3⁄4 cup butter
- chopped pecans (optional)