Prep 10 mins
Cook 50 mins
From my sister.
- 1 (18 ounce) box yellow cake mix
- 1 (3 ounce) box instant vanilla pudding
- 1 (12 ounce) canwarm Dr. Pepper cola (save about three tablespoons for the icing)
- 4 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup oil or 3⁄4 cup butter
- chopped pecans (optional)
- Mix well, pour into a bundt cake pan, bake at 350 for 50 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
- While cake is warm glaze with:.
- 1 cup of powdered sugar.
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla and remaining Dr. Pepper.
- Drizzle over cake -- .
We made this for our Fathers Day dessert. DH is a huge DP fan so DS thought this was the perfect cake. It really is delicious, but like other reviewers we didn't taste the DP in it. But, no matter cuz we fell in love with this moist flavorful cake. DH thought it tasted like a butter pecan cake. So good. Thank you for sharing with us.
I didn't have Dr. Pepper so I used Diet A&W Root Beer. You couldn't taste the root beer but it was still very good. The cake is so moist and rich. Next time I'm going to try orange pop.
A really,nice rich cake but the Dr. Pepper flavour doesn't come through at all. We actually thought this tasted a lot like a sour cream glazed doughnut.