Recipe by Shawn C
More use for Dr. Pepper
Top Review by bmcnichol
I used 2 pounds of stew meat and 1 teaspoon of salt. I used the teaspoon of pepper but next time would cut that in half. I used beef stock and Dr Pepper 10. I then added two pounds of baby carrots and two cans of diced potatoes. I really enjoyed the broth other then I thought it was a bit spicey with the one teaspoon of pepper. Everyone enjoyed this for dinner.
- 3 lbs beef stew meat
- 3 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons shortening
- 2 cups beef stock or 2 cups bouillon
- 2 cups Dr. Pepper cola
- 2 cups sliced carrots
- 1 1⁄2 cups onions, cut into chunks
- 1 cup celery, sliced
- 1 cup peas (fresh or frozen)
Directions See How It's Made
- Sprinkle meat with the salt and pepper and dust with the flour.
- In a large stew kettle, brown meat in the 3 tablespoons shortening until very brown.
- Add beef stock or bouillon, Dr. Pepper, carrots, onions and celery.
- Cook at a low temperature until meat is very tender, about 2 hours.
- Add frozen peas and cook at least 10 minutes longer.