6 hrs 5 mins
Here's the 3rd entry in our 'cooking-with-soda pop' collection...Serve with baked potatoes and steamed veggies for a nice meal!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup Dr. Pepper cola (NOT diet)
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon beef bouillon powder (dissolves easier)
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 lbs pork, a boneless roast
- 2 medium yellow onions, chopped
- 3/4 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1In a bowl, combine Dr Pepper, Worcestershire, vinegar, garlic, bouillon, mustard, chili powder and red pepper flakes. Save 1/2 cup of this for sauce.
- 2Place meat and onions into crockpot and pour the remaining sauce over the meat (NOT the reserved 1/2 cup sauce).
- 3Cover and cook on LOW for 10-12 hours or on HIGH for 5-6 hours; Transfer to serving platter and let 'settle' 10 min, before slicing.
- 4While the meat 'settles', in a small pan combine reserved 1/2 cup sauce, catsup and butter; Heat through; this is your 'gravy'.
- 5NOTE: never use the diet version of any soda for this recipe; the artificial sweetner breaks down badly when heated and will ruin the meal.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Dr Pepper Barbecue Pork Roast
Serving Size: 1 (209 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 306.9
- Calories from Fat 121
- Total Fat 13.5 g
- Saturated Fat 5.3 g
- Cholesterol 102.8 mg
- Sodium 404.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 9.9 g
- Protein 32.0 g