Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
This recipe is from the Star-Telegram many years ago. I saw there were others posted, but this one is a little different. It's very good.
- 2 (15 ounce) cans pork and beans
- 20 ounces Dr. Pepper cola
- 1⁄2 cup oil
- 1⁄2 cup lemon juice
- 1 cup catsup
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 cup onion, minced
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red pepper sauce
- 1 teaspoon basil
- For sauce, blend together on stir speed of blender for two minutes.
- Store in tightly sealed container and refrigerate. Shake well before using. Will keep for several weeks in refrigerator.
- Mix together the two cans of beans and with 1 cup of the sauce in casserole dish and bake uncovered at 350 for an hour.