Okay, so our family doctor suggested this instead of prescription cough syrup for relieving the cold symptoms of the ADULTS in our family (he of course, did NOT suggest it as a CURE). He says the whisky helps you sleep while the honey and lemon soothe your throat. I'm pretty sure it works, but in the end we really don't care because we love this warm drink when we aren't feeling well. Even sometimes when we are feeling well! UPDATE: Our beloved Dr. Pat passed away November 19,2010 at the age of 59 from Melanoma so now this recipe with all of it's great reviews is even more special to our family. We will miss you forever Pat!!!
- Place the whisky in a large microwave safe mug.
- Add the honey.
- Pour the hot water into the mug over the spoon you used for the honey to get off the last little drops.
- Add the lemon juice and stir well.
- Place the mug in the microwave for 1 minute or until it is piping hot, but not boiling.
- Add the lemon slice and serve.