1/2 Photos of Dr. Pat's Hot Toddy Cold Remedy
Sooz Cooks's Note:
Okay, so our family doctor suggested this instead of prescription cough syrup for relieving the cold symptoms of the ADULTS in our family (he of course, did NOT suggest it as a CURE). He says the whisky helps you sleep while the honey and lemon soothe your throat. I'm pretty sure it works, but in the end we really don't care because we love this warm drink when we aren't feeling well. Even sometimes when we are feeling well! UPDATE: Our beloved Dr. Pat passed away November 19,2010 at the age of 59 from Melanoma so now this recipe with all of it's great reviews is even more special to our family. We will miss you forever Pat!!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place the whisky in a large microwave safe mug.
- 2Add the honey.
- 3Pour the hot water into the mug over the spoon you used for the honey to get off the last little drops.
- 4Add the lemon juice and stir well.
- 5Place the mug in the microwave for 1 minute or until it is piping hot, but not boiling.
- 6Add the lemon slice and serve.
Browse Our Top Beverages Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Beverages Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Dr. Pat's Hot Toddy Cold Remedy
Serving Size: 1 (196 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 206.7
- Calories from Fat 0
- Total Fat 0.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 4.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 17.4 g
- Protein 0.0 g