Recipe by Sharlene~W
From his anti-aging show on Oprah. I originally posted it as given on Oprah's show, but updated it with information from her website. Original posting: * 4 stalks celery * 1 cucumber * 1 cup spinach * 1 lemon, juice of * 1 lime, juice of * 1 large apple * 1/2 inch piece fresh ginger (peeled)
Top Review by Adria82
This is such a wonderful healthy drink! I like your recipe better than one I was given from a magazine...your amounts are a bit more precise. When I make it, I use a bit more celery and I also add frozen, chopped mangoes (or berries if I have them on hand). The trick for a smoother consistency and easier blender clean-up is in the order you add the ingredients. Lemon/lime juice, cucumber (BLEND), peeled and chopped apples (BLEND), chopped celery, ginger (BLEND), frozen fruit (BLEND), parsley (BLEND), spinach (BLEND).
To clean up, just put some water in the blender, cover, and pulse to loosen all the bits. I think the most annoying part is washing the veggies! :o)
- 2 cups spinach
- 1 -2 medium cucumber (approx 2 cups)
- 1 stalk celery
- 1⁄2 inch gingerroot (or 1 teaspoon)
- 1 bunch chopped parsley (approx 1/2 cup chopped)
- 2 apples, cored
- 1 lime, juice of
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice of
- 4 ounces mineral water (or a handful of ice cubes)
- raw carrot
- unsweetened fruit juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Put all ingredients in blender and blend until smooth.
- This recipe makes 28 to 30 ounces or about three to four servings. This will be very thick and you may need to add water - If you have a juicer this may work better.
- The green drink has a strong taste and if you are used to drinking soda or sweet tea, the taste will take some getting used to. Dr. Oz suggests adding other items at first to sweeten the green drink to your taste.