Recipe by MissFit13
Quinoa is packed with protein, fiber and iron. Try these creamy cookies to sneak some of this superfood into your diet.
- 1⁄2 cup natural-style peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons applesauce
- 1⁄4 cup raw honey or 1⁄4 cup Agave
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1⁄3 cup almond flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups cooked quinoa (about 1/2 cup of uncooked quinoa) or 1⁄2 cup soaked quinoa
- 1⁄4-1⁄3 cup dark chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small bowl, combine the peanut butter, applesauce, honey, vanilla and salt.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and mix until combined.
- Spoon rounded tablespoons of cookies on a cookie sheet lined with parchment or wax paper.
- Place in the freezer to set, about 20 minutes. Enjoy!