Recipe by MissFit13
"This soup is packed with low glycemic veggies, which can help control blood sugar, and lentils, which contain fiber, vitamins and proteins. It's the perfect dinner recipe for both weight loss and heart health."
- 1 tablespoon unrefined coconut oil
- 1⁄2 cup chopped celery
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 8 cups vegetable broth or 8 cups water
- 3⁄4 lb rinsed red lentil
- 1 tablespoon grated ginger
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 5 cups chopped kale
- 5 cups chopped Baby Spinach
- to taste fresh ground pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the coconut oil in a large pot over medium-high heat.
- Add the celery and garlic and cook, stirring until the celery is softened.
- Add the veggie broth, lentils, ginger, cumin and salt and bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to low and add the kale and baby spinach.
- Cook until the lentils are soft and tender, stirring occasionally. Season with pepper, if desired.