Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
These make a nice change from beef burgers. The lean bison meat is balanced out by the pork leaving a juicy, flavourful burger. I've tried these with equal parts bison & pork and thought they were a bit too 'porky'. I think this mix is just right.
- 2 lbs ground buffalo meat
- 1 lb ground lean pork
- 1 large red onion
- 3⁄4 cup breadcrumbs
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons French mustard (seeded)
- 2 teaspoons garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Wash your hands!
- Finely chop the red onion and add to bison and pork in a large mixing bowl (the bigger the better). Mix together briefly by hand.
- Add remaining ingredients and mix throughly by hand until mixture is homogenous. No egg necessary.
- Form mixture into 10 equal balls. Place each ball individually onto plastic cling wrap and form into patties (nice and thick). Wrap patty in cling wrap and freeze for later use, or cook immediately on the barbeque.
- Serve with whatever burger condiments you desire.
We just so happened to have the main ingredients for this recipe, which actually led to me on this search. I had had pork infused burgers whilst living in Thailand so I knew it wasn't unheard of. I put my fiancee in charge of this because I had to prepare other things for our fourth of July party we hosted, and I was blown away. These are easily the best home made burgers I've ever had. I was even scared they were over cooked, but the pork must've saved the day. They were phenomenal. My partner is a baker and so followed this recipe to the T. Only hiccup was an unoiled grill (she didn't know). so a few of these puppies stuck and fell apart. Oh, only other issue? Everyone else loved them so I only got to eat half and there were no leftovers!