Prep 20 mins
Cook 5 mins
I have no idea who Dr. McDougall is but his salad is awesome! I got this recipe from a friend of my BF and I love it because there is no mayo in it. I really hate mayo!
- 5 cups unpeeled empire apples, diced
- 1 cup diced celery
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 1⁄2 cups grapes, halved
- 1 1⁄2 cups pineapple juice
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- Combine pineapple juice and cornstarch in a saucepan.
- Mix well to dissolve.
- Bring to a boil over medium-high heat and continue to boil for 1 minute or until thickened and clear, stirring constantly.
- Chill in refrigerator for at least 2 hours.
- Combine salad ingredients.
- Pour chilled dressing over salad.
- Toss and let stand a few minutes before serving or refrigerate at least an hour if you would like it cold.