Prep 2 mins
Cook 1 min
I am from Turlock. The Doctors Julien totally revolutionized medicine in our community around the turn of the century. This "recipe" has come down through the Julien and Olson family. Trust me it works!!!
- 1 cup boiling water
- 2 ounces Bourbon (1 jigger)
- 2 slices lemons
- 4 whole cloves
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- In a cup muddle the bourbon, lemon slices, cloves, cinnamon and sugar.
- Pour over the boiling water.
- Cup your hands over the concoction and blow with your mouth and inhale through your nose.
- When cooler, if daring, draw a hot bath, sip it while soaking and crawl into bed.
We call it a Hot Toddy around these parts. It was standard treatment for our worst colds. I didn't know about inhaling the steam, however. We would drink it, sweetened with some honey, and bundle up in blankets afterward to "sweat the cold out." It does work.
Thank you for sharing this wonderful recipe! It really breaks up the gunk and got me breathing easier!
Bless you for this recipe!!! : ) Tylenol Sinus, hot wraps, sinus drops, Tomato Tea, . . . nothing touched THIS sinus headache...until this...just inhaling the fumes cleared my sinuses, the drink itself, well...let's just say I feel no pain whatsoever..... : ) ...now I lay me down to SLEEP!!! Thanks SO much!!!