Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
Give this takeout classic a healthy makeover with help from Dr. Joel Fuhrman.
Make and share this Dr. Joel Fuhrman's Szechuan Sesame Stir-Fry recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄4 cup unhulled sesame seeds, lightly pan toasted
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 6 -12 dates, pitted
- 1⁄2 tablespoon minced ginger
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red pepper flakes (to taste)
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1 1⁄2 cups cauliflower florets
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 1⁄2 cups shiitake mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup fresh snow pea
- 1⁄2 cup baby corn, each broken in half
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- In a high powered blender, purée all sauce ingredients until smooth. Set aside.
- Heat 1/4 cup of water in a wok or large sauté pan. Add broccoli and cauliflower; cover and steam for 8 minutes.
- Remove cover and add bell pepper, mushrooms, snow peas and corn and stir-fry for an additional 5 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender.
- Add small amounts of water as needed to prevent sticking. Add sauce to veggies and continue to stir fry for 1 to 2 minutes to heat through.
- Serve over rice.