Recipe by Canuck Mum
From Dr. Fuhrman's website
Top Review by kissesmomof4
I have this baking right now. I added a generous sprinkle of cinnamon. I did not have raisins so I added a half cup of frozen blueberries. I am hoping it comes out nice. Edited to add: The blueberries were a very nice addition. I would add a full cup next time. They add flavor and moisture.
- 2 cups quick oats (not instant)
- 1⁄4 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup shredded coconut
- 1⁄2 cup raisins (or chopped dates)
- 2 bananas, mashed
- 1⁄4 cup unsweetened applesauce (optional)
- 1 tablespoon date sugar (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Mix ingredients together in a large bowl. Press dough in a 9"X 9" baking pan. Bake for 30 minutes. Cool on wire rack. When cool, slice into squares or bars and serve. ENJOY!
- Add the applesauce & date sugar if you'd like a sweeter, moister version of these bars.
- I usually double this recipe since everyone loves these bars and they disappear so quickly!