Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
From Dr. Fuhrman's website
- 2 cups quick oats (not instant)
- 1⁄4 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup shredded coconut
- 1⁄2 cup raisins (or chopped dates)
- 2 bananas, mashed
- 1⁄4 cup unsweetened applesauce (optional)
- 1 tablespoon date sugar (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Mix ingredients together in a large bowl. Press dough in a 9"X 9" baking pan. Bake for 30 minutes. Cool on wire rack. When cool, slice into squares or bars and serve. ENJOY!
- Add the applesauce & date sugar if you'd like a sweeter, moister version of these bars.
- I usually double this recipe since everyone loves these bars and they disappear so quickly!
Another kids approved recipe! Thank you, they are really hard to find. (I omitted the sugar)
These turned out pretty good. I left out the sugar, but definitely will add that next time. Also I will chop up the nuts a little smaller so the kids don't notice them as much. Otherwise, I liked this and will make again.
My fiance and some friends who tried these bars LOVED them! I wasn't as thrilled. These have nice flavor, but were a little bland to me; I'd have liked some cinnamon, perhaps, or a dash of vanilla. I love all the ingredients, and it is certainly an easy and quick recipe, but the end result just didn't do it for me, mostly because I didn't care for the texture (and I did use the applesauce). So, I'm splitting the difference and rating this with four stars. I will experiment and see if maybe I just was having an off-day. Thanks for sharing!