Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 6 boneless sirloin steaks, thin sliced (less that 1/2 inch thick)
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- salt and black pepper, freshly ground
- In a large skillet over high heat, melt 1/2 Tbsp of the butter with 1/2 Tbsp of olive oil. Continuously swirl the skillet until butter foams and then the foam begins to subside.
- Place 3 of the steaks, with at least 1/2 inch between each one, in the skillet and sauté 1 minute on each side. Remove the steaks to a serving platter and keep warm in the oven while repeating the process with the remaining steaks.
- Remove the steaks from the oven and place the remaining steaks on a serving platter.
- Drain excess grease from the skillet and discard. Add the lemon juice, salt and pepper and stir over medium heat, scraping up any brown bits.
- Add remaining 2 Tbsp butter and whisk until melted, then pour over steaks and serve.