Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
This recipe was given to me by my dads wonderful doctor and it is as good as he is. Wonderful when the you have so many tomatoes you don't know what to do!
- Prebake pie shell until partially baked.
- Peel and slice tomatoes about 1/2 inch thick (I didn't peel).
- Dredge tomato slices in flour and layer in pie shell.
- Layer green onion and basil, salt and pepper.
- Repeat layers until pie is over filled the tomatoes will cook down as the pie bakes.
- Mix together the cheddar and mozzarella cheeses with mayo and mustard and spread evenly over top of the pie to cover all the tomatoes.
- Sprinkle generously with parmesan cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees until pie is brown about 45 minutes to an hour.
- Serve at room temperature or heated.
This is the real deal! I have tried it with flour dredging and without - I prefer without for a firmer texture, just lightly sprinkle parmesan between instead. Also, I use garden fresh yellow, red and green tomato slices together in same pie. Eye appealing and great flavor mixture. This is a "crowd stopping" pot luck dish!
Absolutely delicious. Imade the recipe as directed. I will be making this again!
This was so delcious! You must use fresh graden tomatoes for this; ones from the grocery store just won't do. I made this just as written. I'll be making this often throughout each tomato season. Thanx for sharing!