1/1 Photo of Dr. C's Tomato Pie
1 hr 10 mins
This recipe was given to me by my dads wonderful doctor and it is as good as he is. Wonderful when the you have so many tomatoes you don't know what to do!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Prebake pie shell until partially baked.
- 2Peel and slice tomatoes about 1/2 inch thick (I didn't peel).
- 3Dredge tomato slices in flour and layer in pie shell.
- 4Layer green onion and basil, salt and pepper.
- 5Repeat layers until pie is over filled the tomatoes will cook down as the pie bakes.
- 6Mix together the cheddar and mozzarella cheeses with mayo and mustard and spread evenly over top of the pie to cover all the tomatoes.
- 7Sprinkle generously with parmesan cheese.
- 8Bake at 350 degrees until pie is brown about 45 minutes to an hour.
- 9Serve at room temperature or heated.
Browse Our Top Savory Pies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Dr. C's Tomato Pie
Serving Size: 1 (247 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 423.0
- Calories from Fat 246
- Total Fat 27.3 g
- Saturated Fat 11.2 g
- Cholesterol 46.9 mg
- Sodium 691.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.1 g
- Sugars 8.8 g
- Protein 16.4 g