Recipe by Chris from Kansas
These are a great treat when you love peanut butter, but don't like all the high-fat versions of bars. They are from a book called Dr. Cookie. I find these very satisfying for a relatively low-fat peanut butter bar.
- 1⁄4 cup peanut butter
- 3⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 large egg whites
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 3⁄4 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoons semisweet mini chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 and coat an 8-inch square pan with nonstick spray.
- Beat the peanut butter and brown sugar with an electric mixer until smooth.
- Add the egg whites and vanilla and beat again.
- Add the flour and baking powder and beat until well mixed.
- Stir the chocolate chips into the batter.
- Spread the batter in the pan.
- Bake for about 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the pan comes out clean.
- Cool in the pan and then cut into 16 squares.
- Store in the refrigerator.