Prep 1 hr
Cook 1 hr
This recipe takes a little from Jambalaya and makes it into a spicy, thick and meaty chili.
Make and share this Dozer's Cajun-Style Chili recipe from Food.com.
- 28 ounces whole canned tomatoes
- 2 habanero peppers
- 2 jalapeno peppers
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 green bell pepper
- 1⁄4 white onion
- 15 ounces black beans
- 15 ounces kidney beans
- 15 ounces chili beans
- 1 lb hamburger
- 1 lb spicy sausage
- 1 lb kielbasa
- Tony Chachere's Seasoning
- cayenne pepper
- hot sauce
- Slice the veggies up, de-seeding the bell peppers.I like to leave the habs and jalapeno seeds in -- I like the extra heat. I tend to slice things into larger chunks so people can remove if they don't like them.
- Combine the beans and veggies in a crock pot. A larger one is better. You can set to low or warm, if you like. Add Tony's to taste. I add a little more, you might like a little less. I also add a little cayenne pepper --
- Slice and fry the kielbasa and then add it to the bean and veggie mix. Add hot sauce to taste. Next, fry the hamburger and sausage in the kielbasa grease. Strain and add to the crockpot and set to low for an hour. After that, you should be good to go.
- I've heard that it's hot and that it's only warm. I tend to think it has enough spice to give it just enough kick to make you remember it. I'd say 2.5/5 for me.
- Serve with fresh dinner or Hawaiian rolls.
I like to made the recipe once as written, the way the chef did it.<br/>I did not have the all of the Ingredients to do the recipe, at this time.<br/>I use MissAnnie Tony Chachere's Famous Creole Seasoning for the Tony Chachere's Seasoning. We don't have it in the store here. So easy and the flavors really meld well. <br/>1 lb smoked kielbasa, sliced into bite-size pieces 1/2 inch thick and the jalapeno seeds I took out. This is a great alternative to the ubiquitous "party weenies" that always get brought to parties around here. This is a hearty, and filling dish with plenty of flavor. Thanks for sharing this tasty recipe that is now in my cookbook. And will be use a lot this summer. THANK YOU!! I can do the happy food dance!! NOW !! I can't leave anything alone! I THANK YOU!! I did made this for our Spring Pick-A-Chef 2013"