Recipe by Caseylaine
Destined to eat lunch at your desk? Or just need something with a quick store-to-stomach turnaround time? This is a winner. My variation of the usually sloppy greasy but oh so good meatball sub. Recipe for one, but ingredients provide for leftovers or additional servings. Features low-fat protein and fiber.
- 3 pre-cooked turkey meatballs
- 3 tablespoons sun-dried tomato pesto (or other tomato style sauce for topping)
- 1 white bollilo roll (or any sandwich roll)
- 3 tablespoons shredded Italian cheese blend
- 2 tablespoons sliced black olives
- 1 ounce pre-shredded red cabbage (or lettuce shreds)
Directions See How It's Made
- Nuke meatballs topped with pesto/sauce for 1 minute.
- Split open roll and make a canal for the meatballs and other ingredients to sit down inches
- Once heated, place the meatballs and sauce inside roll and top with shredded cheese and black olives.
- Microwave for 30 seconds to heat through.
- Finish it off with shredded cabbage/lettuce.
- I like to spice mine up with some pepper sauce.
- Eat with a can of soup for a hot and healthy lunch.