Recipe by Kim127
Nice light cake topped with fresh raspberries. The glaze is a must! Note that the recipe calls for 3 tablespoons of heavy cream for the glaze, I added an extra couple of tablespoons or so in order to get the glaze to a loose enough consistancy to spread. This cake is also really great with Raspberry Sauce With a Twist by Culinary Explorer. The cookbook (MerryMeeting Merry Eating) recommends this for picnics as it travels well. I can't say for sure, the cake never made it out of the kitchen. Enjoy!
Top Review by moviebeth
Perfect cake! Light and tasty cake with the fresh berries is a perfect combination. I made it with the raspberries, but think I'm going to try with the large bounty of blueberries I have soon. Love it!
- 1⁄3 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups flour, sifted
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 pint fresh raspberry (about 2 cups)
- 1 1⁄2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons heavy cream (I had to add a couple extra tablespoons to get spreadable frosting)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream together butter and sugar.
- Add egg and beat well.
- Combine dry ingredients together.
- Add the vanilla to the milk.
- Add the milk and vanilla mixture alternately with the dry ingredients to the creamed mixture.
- Mix until smooth.
- Pour batter into a greased and floured 9 x 13 inch baking pan.
- Sprinkle raspberries evenly over batter.
- Bake at 375 for 30 minutes.
- For the glaze, mix together the confectioner's sugar, melted butter and cream. Frost in the pan while still warm.