Recipe by Juenessa
This is a very moist bread and actually even tastes better the day after it has been baked.
Top Review by thefishfamily
i love this bread. i changed the sugar to 1/2 white and 1/2 brown and make this with 3/4 cooked, mashed carrots to 1/4 pumpkin and it came out great too. the kids liked it better with the carrots than they did with all pumpkin. either way, you can't go wrong. this is a recipe you can play with!
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin puree
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 2⁄3 cup water
- 3 cups white sugar
- 3 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease and flour three 7x3 inch loaf pans.
- In a large bowl, mix together pumpkin puree, eggs, oil, water and sugar until well blended.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves and ginger.
- Stir the dry ingredients into the pumpkin mixture until just blended.
- Pour into the prepared pans.
- Bake for about 50 minutes in the preheated oven.
- Loaves are done when toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.