Recipe by Aroostook
That Maine-iac has me dreaming of my favorite summertime treat! Use any type of roll you like for this recipe. In the northeast the hotdog rolls are flat on the sides and split on the top. Hotdog rolls and fresh Kaiser rolls are what I usually grill for this sandwich. Enjoy!!
- 3 ounces lobster meat, per roll (cooked, cooled and chunked)
- 1 -2 teaspoon mayonnaise
- salt and pepper
- 2 leaves fresh lettuce, chopped
- fresh roll, of choice
- 1 tablespoon margarine or 1 tablespoon butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix mayo and lobster, S& P to taste.
- Set aside.
- Split and butter roll.
- Grill roll in a fry pan until until crisp and golden brown.
- Remove from heat.
- Add a bed of lettuce to roll and top with lobster salad.
- Eat immediately while roll is still warm.
- Serve with thick slices of tomato and a half dozen olives on the side.