Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
That Maine-iac has me dreaming of my favorite summertime treat! Use any type of roll you like for this recipe. In the northeast the hotdog rolls are flat on the sides and split on the top. Hotdog rolls and fresh Kaiser rolls are what I usually grill for this sandwich. Enjoy!!
- 3 ounces lobster meat, per roll (cooked, cooled and chunked)
- 1 -2 teaspoon mayonnaise
- salt and pepper
- 2 leaves fresh lettuce, chopped
- fresh roll, of choice
- 1 tablespoon margarine or 1 tablespoon butter
- Mix mayo and lobster, S& P to taste.
- Set aside.
- Split and butter roll.
- Grill roll in a fry pan until until crisp and golden brown.
- Remove from heat.
- Add a bed of lettuce to roll and top with lobster salad.
- Eat immediately while roll is still warm.
- Serve with thick slices of tomato and a half dozen olives on the side.
Very good, we added a little mustard wasabi dipping sauce to the mayo / lobster mix to give it a little kick! Served on hot grilled brat buns. Really good!
Marvelous! I added a bit of minced onion and celery and served it with a croissant. I haven't had a lobster roll since I was a kid. We had it in our lunch sandwiches sometimes and we would groan and try to trade for something better, like bologna!! But now I'm all grown up and I love lobster. Very good, and the memories too. Thank you.
This was very good. I fixed two (one for DH and I) and added minced celery and a little fresh minced chives. Grilled the rolls and we gobbled them up for lunch. Thank you for posting. Made for Zaar Cookbook Tag game 2012.