Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is THE best recipe! Only requires 3/4 c. of crabmeat. Love this recipe with shrimp &/or lobster, too.
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 3⁄4 cup light cream or 3⁄4 cup whole milk
- 2 eggs
- salt & pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup breadcrumbs
- 3⁄4 lb crabmeat (fresh picked is better if you can get it)
- 1 unbaked pie shell
- Preheat oven to 350 F degrees.
- Mix first four ingredients.
- Stir in crab, s&p.
- Pour into pie shell.
- Melt butter and add bread crumbs.
- Sprinkle over crab mixture.
- Sprinkle w/ a few dashes of paprika.
- Bake 40-45 minutes.
- Let rest 10 minutes or so before serving.
Not a bad recipe. It reminded me of crab cakes, which I\'m not too crazy about. I did like that it was really quick(except for baking time) and simple to put together. I recommend serving it with cocktail sauce.