Prep 1 hr
Cook 45 mins
Recipe is from Allrecipes and posted for ZWT -8-AUS/NZ.
- 2 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 7⁄8 cup butter
- 3⁄4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons cold water
- 4 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup superfine sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon zest, minced
- 3⁄4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup cream
- Place flour, butter, and confectioner's sugar in food processor; process until mixture resembles bread crumbs. Add egg yolk and 1-2 tablespoons cold water, and process until mixture forms a dough. Mold dough into 2 flat shapes, wrap in plastic wrap, and chill for 20 minutes.
- Roll out pastry to 1/8 inch thickness and line a 9-10 inch tart pan. Patch any cracks with extra dough and chill crust in the freezer for 20 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line pastry with foil, fill the foil with a little raw rice, and bake in a preheated oven for 15 minutes. Remove foil and rice, and continue baking until pastry is a light golden color.
- In a mixing bowl, mix together eggs, superfine sugar, lemon zest, lemon juice, and cream. (Do not beat). Pour the mixture through a strainer. Place the tart pan on a baking sheet, and carefully pour the lemon mixture into the baked pastry crust.
- Bake until the tart is nearly set, about 20 minutes. The filling will be runny in the center, and will set when cool; don't over cook or cracks will appear. Cool and serve.