Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
Another holiday favorite! I found this on allrecipes web site about 5 years ago & have made it every holiday season since. I have not made it with the topping, but included it since it was in the original recipe.
- Heat oven to 425 degrees.
- Beat cream cheese with electric mixer until fluffy.
- Beat in sugar. Reduce mixer speed & add eggs, one @ a time. Beat in yams, evaporated milk, & pumpkin pie spice.
- Pour filling into pie shells. Bake 30 to 35 minutes until edges puff, crust browns, & custard is set.
- Meanwhile, mix the pecans, brown sugar, & butter. Set aside. Remove pies from oven. Sprinkle with pecan mixture & return to oven 7 to 10 minutes longer, until topping is golden brown & crisp.
- Cool pies on rack completely. Garnish with whipped cream, if desired.
- NOTE: If mashed yams are unavailable, puree a drained 16-oz. can of whole yams in a food processor until smooth.