Prep 10 mins
Cook 12 hrs
For the Crockpot
- 4 -5 lbs pork roast or 4 -5 lbs pork shoulder, blade or 4 -5 lbs boston roast
- 2 large onions, sliced
- 6 cloves
- 2 cups water
- 1 (16 ounce) bottle barbecue sauce, your choice
- 1 large onion, chopped
- Place half the sliced onion in the bottom of the crockpot.
- Add meat, cloves and water.
- Add remaining sliced onion.
- Cover and cook overnight or 8-10 hours on LOW.
- Remove bone and fat from meat. Discard onions, cloves and water.
- Shred the meat and put it back in the pot.
- Add chopped onion and the BBQ sauce.
- Cook another 1-3 hours on HIGH or 4-8 hours on LOW, stirring several times.
- Serve on large buns. If your BBQ sauce has alot of sugar in it, stire more frequently to prevent burning.
Yummy! I made this using pork tenderloin since it's a little leaner. It was so good that we're definitely adding it to the frequently made meals list.
Thanks for the recipe, Val. I've been cooking this one for awhile-just getting around to rating it. Wonderful and easy. I follow the recipe exactly, except that I add enough water to almost completely cover the pork while cooking. The pork just falls apart when done-so easy to shred. I also use low carb bbq sauce w/splenda--I don't need to worry at allabout burning. Serve on buns with french fries on the side--DH & kids LOVE!Great to come home to after a long day at work. Nice leftovers for sandwiches. Thanks again Val.