Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Granny Patterson's classical recipe passed down to my mother in law and now to me : ) My husband loves them!
- 2 -3 boneless skinless chicken breasts (cut into strips)
- 2 eggs
- enough milk, to coat
- enough flour
- poultry seasoning
- garlic powder
- Season-All salt
- pepper, to your taste (YOu will know..just add equal amounts of each)
- oil (for frying)
- In one bowl put in beaten eggs and enough milk to coat the chicken strips.
- Dip chicken in this mixture.
- In another bowl add the dry ingredients and roll the chicken in this mixture.
- Heat grease to medium high and fry chicken strips about two minutes on each side (or use a deep fryer, which makes them even yummier).
Since there weren't any measurements on the spices,I used the following: 1 egg,1 c milk,1 c flour,1 tsp poultry seasoning,1 tsp garlic powder,1 tsp paprika,1 tsp salt & pepper & I used 10 tenders it worked out great :) Thanks for posting
I'm not giving this any stars because I don't know how they would have turned out if I had followed the recipe instructions and fried them. I followed another reviewers suggestion and baked them and it did NOT work. Even with a good coating of cooking spray, the flour mixture stuck to the sheet and I basically ended up with plain chicken. Also, I think it would be helpful to have a starting point for measurements on the spices.