Prep 45 mins
Cook 30 mins
Definite comfort food for me and my family.
- 6 medium potatoes, peeled and cubed (2 lb.)
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 dash nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley flakes
- 1 lb smoked sausage, sliced
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- In a pot of boiling salted water, cook potatoes until tender.
- Drain and place in a large bowl.
- Mash with potato masher.
- Add onions, garlic, butter, milk, egg yolks, pepper, and nutmeg.
- Beat with electic mixer until light and fluffy.
- Add in parsley, sausage and cheeses.
- Spoon into a greased 2 quart casserole dish.
- Sprinkle with thyme.
- Bake, uncovered, at 400 degrees for 30 minutes or until just browned and heated thoroughly.
This was simple and filling. My husband thought it needed more spices (may be better with a spicier sausage than I used). I served it with biscuits and country gravy as "breakfast for supper."
I made this for dinner one night lastweek. My mom said she didn't care for one of the spices in it. But everyone else loved it so much! So for that, I'm giving it a 5 star rating! Thanx for a great recipe!
I got the thumbs up on this one. Even my picky 20 year old son actually said he liked. When that happens, it's a must keep recipe.:)