Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 55 mins
This is the best tuna casserole I have ever eaten! From "The Rest of the Best and More" from "The Best of Bridge" series.
- 6 ounces broad egg noodles
- 340 g chunk tuna, packed in water, drained and lightly flaked
- 2 small celery ribs, chopped
- 3 large green onions, finely chopped (white and light green parts)
- 2⁄3 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons mustard powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 zucchini, thinly sliced
- 2 ounces mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 2 ounces cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 tomatoes, chopped
- fresh parsley, chopped (to taste)
- Cook the noodles in a large pan of boiling, salted water on medium heat until almost tender, about 7 minutes.
- Drain, rinse with hot water, and drain again.
- Pour into a large bowl.
- Add the tuna, celery, and onion to the bowl.
- In a small bowl, stir together the sour cream, mayonnaise, mustard powder, thyme and salt.
- Add to the larger bowl and mix gently.
- Spoon half of the mixture into a greased 9" square baking pan or a 2-litre casserole dish.
- Top with half of the zucchini (reserve the rest for another use.).
- Top with the remaining noodle mixture.
- Sprinkle the cheeses over the top.
- Bake in a preheated 350 degree F oven 40 to 45 minutes or until the zucchini is tender and the cheese is golden.
- Sprinkle the tomato and parsley over the top.