1 hr 5 mins
This is the best tuna casserole I have ever eaten! From "The Rest of the Best and More" from "The Best of Bridge" series.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 ounces broad egg noodles
- 340 g chunk tuna, packed in water, drained and lightly flaked
- 2 small celery ribs, chopped
- 3 large green onions, finely chopped (white and light green parts)
- 2/3 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons mustard powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 zucchini, thinly sliced
- 2 ounces mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 2 ounces cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 tomato, chopped
- fresh parsley, chopped (to taste)
- 1Cook the noodles in a large pan of boiling, salted water on medium heat until almost tender, about 7 minutes.
- 2Drain, rinse with hot water, and drain again.
- 3Pour into a large bowl.
- 4Add the tuna, celery, and onion to the bowl.
- 5In a small bowl, stir together the sour cream, mayonnaise, mustard powder, thyme and salt.
- 6Add to the larger bowl and mix gently.
- 7Spoon half of the mixture into a greased 9" square baking pan or a 2-litre casserole dish.
- 8Top with half of the zucchini (reserve the rest for another use.).
- 9Top with the remaining noodle mixture.
- 10Sprinkle the cheeses over the top.
- 11Bake in a preheated 350 degree F oven 40 to 45 minutes or until the zucchini is tender and the cheese is golden.
- 12Sprinkle the tomato and parsley over the top.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Down-Home Tuna Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (167 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 241.4
- Calories from Fat 125
- Total Fat 13.9 g
- Saturated Fat 5.8 g
- Cholesterol 44.2 mg
- Sodium 501.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 2.3 g
- Protein 16.7 g