Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
This classic Turkey gravy has a slightly smoky/bacon flavor. Pan juices from a freshly Roasted Turkey add even more flavor.
- 4 tablespoons onion powder
- 2 tablespoons black pepper
- 2 (32 ounce) cartonstrader joe's turkey broth or 2 (32 ounce) cartonsany chicken stock
- 4 slices fresh bacon
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- In a medium to large pot, cook the bacon till golden, remove and drain on paper towels, reserving the drippings in the skillet.
- On a low heat, using a whisk, whisk a small amount of flour into the drippings, then add in 4 oz of Turkey stock. Repeat whisking in flour and then stock, until the consistency of the gravy is the desired thickness, using up most of the flour and stock.
- Remove a fresh-roasted Turkey from its roasting pan, and pour the Pan Juices into the gravy pot. Stir and add in the onion powder and black pepper. Keep stirring on a low heat.